Hormones and gut bacteria can destroy your health even if everything else (diet, supplements, etc) is optimized.
Hormones can affect mood, weight, bowels, energy levels, skin issues, sleep, PMS, endometriosis, infertility, PCOS, growth and development, metabolism, sexual function.
Hormones, made up from endocrine glands, are your body’s chemical messengers that travel through your bloodstream to tissues and organs. Hormones are produced using good fats and cholesterol and the following are some things you can do to boost your body’s ability to create and balance them:
1. Avoid High Omega 6 Polyunsaturated Fats – such as vegetable oil, peanut oil, canola oil, soybean oil, margarine, shortening that oxidize easily and cause inflammation and mutation in cells. Instead choose fats like coconut oil, real butter, olive oil (do not heat!) and eat lots of High Omega-3 fish.
2. Limit Caffeine – choose herbal teas instead.
3. Avoid Toxins – pesticides, plastis, household chemicals, birth control, cook in glass or non-coated metal pans, avoid storing food in plastic.
5. Supplement Wisely – Maca, from the radish family boosts hormone production, libido, less PMS, increased fertility, increased sperm production, improved skin. Magneisum, suports hundreds of reactions within the body and contributes to better sleep, Vitamin D provides the building blocks such as Vitamins A, D, and K. It is also a great source of Omega-3′s and beneficial fats. Gelatin, great source of calcium, magnesium and phosphate. It supports hormone production and digestive help and soothes inflammation.
7. Lift Heavy Weights – kettle bells, deadlifts, squats, lunges as they trigger a cascade of hormone reactions.
8. Eat Some Coconut Oil